A favorite dish that I make very often is from the Bengali menu - Begun Bhaja or what you may know as Baigan Fry.
It is very easy and very tasty. Takes just few minutes to prepare.
Red chilli powder
Salt to taste
- Cut Brinjal into 1/2 inch circles and cover them properly with turmeric, chilli powder and salt
- Take a shallow non stick pan and heat 1tbspn oil
- Add brinjal slices to the pan (do not put everything together. Fry 3-4 slices at a time depending on the width of your pan). Flip the slices after a minute and cover pan with a lid.
- Within 3-4 minutes your slices will be soft. At this point add generous amount of khus khus to each slice and flip the khus khus side to the pan base for khus khus to cook. Let it cook for a minute and take it out
- Repeat this for the rest of the slices
You can sprinkle chat masala on it if you like chat pata flavor
Happy Eating :)