These muffins are great for breakfast on-the-go or as a mid-day snack. The Brae burn apples add a rich, sweet-tart, spicy flavor that delivers high-impact in taste and nutrition.
3 cups all-purpose
1-3/4 cups sugar 425
3-1/2 tsp baking
1/2 tsp salt 2
1/2 tsp grated orange zest 2 mL
1/4 tsp ground
1 cup butter or
1 cup peeled,
cored and grated Washington 250 mL
Braeburn or Golden Delicious apple
Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C)
- Grease 24 3-inch (7.5-cm) muffin pan cups or line with paper liners.
- In large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, orange zest and nutmeg. With pastry blender or fork, cut in 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter until mixture is crumbly.
- In medium bowl combine apple, yogurt and eggs.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until centers spring back when gently pressed.
- Cool muffins in pan 5 minutes.Remove from pan and cool until able to handle.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
To serve, brush tops of muffins with butter and roll top in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Happy Eating :)