Wanted to make chicken last night. Had no clue how to bring a different taste to my usual chicken curry. Browsed through the net and scanned through some recipes. Finally i picked up some interesting elements from different recipes, put them all together and made my 'Sunday Chicken Curry'. So for the recipe here you go ...
Total cooking time 1 hour.
1/2 kg chicken marinated in salt, lots of red chilli powder, little turmeric and any chicken fry masala powder and keep it aside.
For 1/2 kg chicken other ingredients that you would need:
- Dry spices powder - Roast and dry grind half tb spoon of cumin seeds, 7-8 fenugreek seeds, 7-8 yellow mustard seeds and half tb spoon of fennel and keep it aside
- Basic paste - Grind 1.5 inches of ginger, 25 - 30 cloves of garlic and 4-5 green chillies with a tb spoon of water
- Yogurt onion paste - Chop a small onion, deep fry it until almost burnt, drain it and leave it to dry. Once dried, mix it in 2 tb spoons of thick yogurt and keep it aside
- Chop Two onions
- Two grind tomatoes
- Whole spices - 1 big Cinnamon stick, 1 Black cardamom, 3 green cardamoms, 2 whole dry red chillies, one medium bay leaf, 1 star anise, 3-4 cloves, 4-5 whole black pepper
- Heat oil in the pan, add whole spices until they sputter.
- Then add basic paste and let it cook
- Add chopped onions, saute until pink
- Add grind tomatoes, dry spice powder, yogurt onion paste, salt to taste, 1.5 tb spoon of coriander powder, Chilli powder and close the lid of the pan until the masala is cooked
- Once the oil comes up, add marinated chicken and close the lid until cooked
- Keep stirring in few minutes so that it does not stick to the pan and get burnt
- Advisable to cook the recipe on low to mid flame
- Serve it hot. Best goes with jeera rice or paratha
Hope you'll like it :)