Chicken Fry is a dish that can be made in many ways and with different ingredients. Everyone has a different style of preparing this dish and hence their different names - Zeera Chicken, Garam Masala Chicken, Chicken Fry and many more.
Previously I have uploaded the recipe for Zeera Chicken. Today, I am sharing this wonderfully easy recipe for Garam Masala Chicken.
Chicken - 400 grms
Ginger-garlic paste - 3 tbsp
Mace - 1 whole
Amchur powder (raw mango powder)- ½ tsp
Jeera powder (cumin seed powder)- 1 tsp
Pepper powder- 1 tsp of
Green chilies - 2 slit and chopped
Dhaniya powder (coriander powder) - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Cardamoms - 3-4 whole
Aniseed -1 whole
Cloves - 3-4 whole
Black cardamoms - 1 whole
Cinnamon sticks - 2-3 whole
- Heat oil in a kadai/ deep frying pan and add all the whole spices and toss until swollen.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and stir at low flame until golden brown.
- Now add the chicken pieces and stir well on the low flame.
- Add little salt once the chicken changes colour.
- Now cover the kadai/ deep frying pan with a lid and let the chicken cook for 15-20 mins. TIP: Use a metal plate with little water on it to cover the kadai/ deep frying pan, so that the chicken does not stick to the bottom
- Add the jeera powder (cumin powder), pepper powder, dhaniya powder, amchur powder and mix well. Let it cook and seep into the chicken well.
Your dish is ready. You can have as a starter or with Paratha.
Hope you will like it!!
Happy Eating :)