This fresh, light-tasting salad has a mildly nutty flavor with a hint of mint that complements the super sweetness of the Fuji apple. Top with grilled chicken for a complete meal.
For the salad, you would need:
2 Washington Fuji apples
2 medium carrots
1bunch small radishes
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 chopped fresh parsley1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
1/4 cup cider vinegar 50 mL
2 tbsp honey 30 mL
1 tsp Dijon mustard 5 mL
Salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 175 mL
2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted 30 mL
- Quarter apples; remove core and thinly slice. Set aside in large bowl
- Peel carrots and cut into matchstick pieces. Add to apples.
- Slice radishes and cut into thin strips. Add to apples.
- Gently toss with raisins, parsley and mint.
- In small bowl, whisk together, vinegar, honey, Dijon, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil.
- Just before serving, toss salad with dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Enjoy your nutty, juicy salad
Happy eating :)