All of us at some point in our life have found ourselves standing with refrigerator door open and staring into an almost empty vegetable shelf.
For times like these when either we have run short of options or our minds are too exhausted to think; some basic age old recipes come to our rescue. Once such preparation is commonly called -Sukhe Aloo Matar in Indian households.
It is an absolute non - complex preparation with basic ingredients. The recipe and quantity listed below is enough to serve 3.
Potatoes medium size - 3 peeled and diced
Onion large - 1 peeled and diced
Green Chili - 2 slit and chopped
Green peas - 1 cup full
Red Chili powder
Red chili flakes
Asafetida (hing) - a pinch
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add asafetida and cumin seeds to it and cook until swollen.
- Now add diced onion and stir until translucent. To this add peas and potatoes and give it a mix.
- Now add salt to taste, 1 tbsp red chili powder, half tbsp turmeric powder and red chili flakes and give it a nice mix, cover the pan and let it cook on low flame.
- No need to add water to this recipe. Potatoes and peas will cook in the steam. However, do not forget to stir it every 3-4 minutes.
- Scrape the mixture that is stuck to the bottom of the pan (this adds up to the taste) every time you stir.
- Your dish will be ready in 20-25 minutes.
Hope you will like it!
Happy Eating :)