Below mention ingredients serve 3.
Bhindi - 1/2 kg cut into half if long and slit enough to make space for stuffing
Onion large - 1 Julienne
Green Chili - 2 slit and cut into halves
Mustard Oil or any other cooking oil
Red chili powder
Amchoor/ dry mango powder
Zeera/ cumin powder
Garam masala powder
Dhania/ coriander powder
Gram Flour - 1 bowl
Zeera/ cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
In a bowl, add 2.5 tbsp salt, 3 tbsp red chili powder, 4-5 tbsp coriander powder, 1.5 tbsp turmeric powder, 1.5 tbsp amchoor powder, 2.5 tbsp zeera powder, 1 tbsp garam masala and 3 tbsp mustard oil. Mix this well and stuff the slit bhindi with this mixture.
- Heat 3 tbsp mustard oil in a pan. Once it is hot enough, add zeera seeds.
- After the zeera seeds sputter, add onions to it and saute until translucent pink.
- Now add gram flour to this and stir for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Add all the stuffed bhindi to this, mix well, cover the lid and let it cook. Do NOT add water to this as Bhindi itself has moisture and it will cook in steam.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes and then add 1 tbsp coriander powder, a pinch of salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, zeera powder, garam masala and amchoor powder to this. Mix well, cover the lid and let it cook.
- Keep checking and stirring this every 5 minutes so that Bhindi does not stick to the pan.
- Your Besan Bhindi will be ready in 20-25 minutes.
This goes well with ghee roti or pratha. Hope you will like it!!
Happy Eating :)