If you have guests coming over for lunch or dinner and you want to plate a side dish to go with the main menu, Masala Bhare Baigan can be a good option. Again as I always say, every dish has many recipes, likewise this dish can also be prepared in many way; however, this particular preparation has won many accolades among my friends and relatives. This recipe is again easy and quick to prepare and does not require you around while its cooking.
The below mentioned ingredients are enough to serve 2-3 people.
Fresh coriander leaves - 1 hand-full
Green Chilies - 2
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Red chili flakes - 1 tbsp
Red chili powder - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tbspn
Dry pomegranate powder/ dry mango powder - 1/2 tbsp
Roasted poppy seeds - 1 tbsp
Onion medium size - 1 grated
Lebanese brinjals - 4-5 Slit length-wise with stem intact
- Coarsely grind coriander leaves, green chilies, and roasted poppy seeds.
- Now empty this mixture in a bowl and add grated onions, turmeric powder, salt, dry pomegranate powder/ dry mango powder, red chili powder, red chili flakes and mix it well.
- Stuff this mixture in all the slit parts of the brinjals and keep them aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan (take a wide pan big enough to accommodate all the brinjals together side by side) and add all the brinjals to it. Cover the pan and let the brinjals cook over a low flame.
- You don't need to toss the brinjals, just flip the sides after 10 minutes and keep a check so that they don't burn.
- Your dish will be ready in good 20-25 minutes.
Hope you will like it!!
Happy Eating :)