Aloo Parathas have always been the most favored ones when it comes to stuffed parathas. For this delicious Punjabi breakfast, best condiment one can have is butter that adds - in lot of flavor and of course brings in some more extra calories :)
This recipe is my experiment and came out really well. The below mentioned ingredients are enough for a breakfast for 3.
- Potatoes- 3 (boiled, peeled and finely mashed)
- Onion medium size- 1 (made into paste without water)
- chili flakes (optional)- 2 tbspn
- Oregano (optional)- 2 tbspn
- Kasuri methi -1 tbspn crushed
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder - 1 tbspn
- Amchoor/ Anardana - 1/3 tbspn
- Cumin powder - 1 tbspn
- Coriander Powder - 1 tbspn
- Green Chili - 1 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves (optional)- finely chopped
- Mint Leaves (optional)- Finely chopped
- Kneaded dough
- Dry Flour
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients from 1 to 13 into a fine mixture.
- Take a small ball of kneaded dough (size of a big lemon). To it, add a pinch of salt and dash of butter. Now mix the salt and butter with the dough well. Once done, make it into a smooth round ball again and flatten it on your palm.
- Now dust this flattened dough with dry flour and roll it out into a tiny base.
- Add - in 1-2 spoons of the mixture to the flat dough. Make it into a ball again to seal the mixture.
- One tip over here is to flatten this stuffed ball with your palm until it is significantly big and finally use the 'belan' to give it 1-2 final rounds of touches and put it on the tawa and make it like usual parathas. To enhance the taste, suggest applying butter on the paratha while cooking instead of ghee or oil.
Serve it hot with mint or coriander chutney/ tomato sauce/ curd/ or pickle.
Hope you will like it too!
Happy Eating :)