In an attempt to keep our oil consumption under check, my mother in-law bought a Takoyaki pan recently. We usually prepare lentil dumplings in it. I am sharing one of the lentil dumpling recipe here. This pan is a big help specially in the mornings or when we have guests over as it rolls out quick and healthy snacks that can be taken as breakfast or tea time snacks.
- Green whole moong dal - soaked over night and roughly grind into a thick paste. Add water to adjust the thickness. It should be thicker than Dosa/ Idli batter.
- Ginder - finely shopped
- Onions - finely chopped
- Green chilli - finely chopped
- Salt to taste
I have used a non - stick Takoyaki pan which is widely available in the markets these days.
- In a bowl, take the moog dal paste and add salt, chopped ginger, onions and green clillis and mix well.
- Heat the Takoyaki Pan with a drop of oil in each hollow pocket and add 1 table spoon of the dal mix you have prepared in each hollow pocket. Keep the flame on medium - high.
- Now add one drop of oil on the filled in pockets and close the lid. You can turn the dumplings in 7-8 mins and cover the lip again and let the dumplings cook. This time should take not more than 3-4 minutes.
- Your dumplings are ready.
This is a very health and quick snack and goes well with coconut/ peanut chutney.
Hope you will like it. Happy Eating :)