Below mentioned quantities are good to serve 2-3 people.
Poha - 2 medium bowls (washed)
Onion large - 1 (diced)
Tomato large - 1 (diced)
Potato medium - 1 (cut into thin small cubes)
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tbspn
Red Chilli powder - 2/3 tbspn
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tbspn
Peanuts - a handful
Garam masala - a pinch
Sugar - a pinch or two
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnish
- Take washed poha in a big bowl and add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala to it and give it a good mix. Keep aside.
- Into a pan, heat the cooking oil, throw in the potato cubes, cover the lid and let them cook.
- Once the potatoes are done, add peanuts and saute until they turn fried red. Now add onions and saute until they turn pale pink. Add in the tomatoes and sugar at this point and again cover the lid for 2 mins and let the tomatoes become soft.
- Once the tomatoes are soft, add in the poha and fresh coriander and mix it well for 2-3 minutes. This will let the powdered spices cook and then put the flame off.
- You can add some lemon to this in the end if you like it tangy.
Your poha is ready to be served hot. Poha prepared following this recipe does not comes out sticky, looks colorful and can be prepared in less oil.
Hope you will like it!!
Happy Eating :)