Friday, April 19, 2013

Review- Truffles




Having a personal liking for English breakfast, I finally made it to Truffles located at Jubilee Hills. Since I have had an opportunity to taste and explore some great English breakfast joints in Bangalore, I had a tough time swallowing down the breakfast at Truffles.

A typical English breakfast includes the following as a mandate - Eggs made to your choice, baked beans, hash browns, tossed tomatoes and mushrooms, bacon and sausages, toast, fresh juice/ tea or coffee.

However, at Truffles, an 'All English breakfast' offers eggs of your choice, hash brown, toast and tossed tomatoes and mushrooms. Rest of the items have to be ordered separately which I think is unreasonable considering 'All English Breakfast' format.

The Spanish omelette was a big disappointment as it was unbearably thick and consisted of a full layer of half boiled potatoes stuffing along with almost raw bacon. Sausages were another turn off as I did not like the flavor they served. In restaurants, it is always better to serve plain sausages considering different taste buds so I was surprised that they serve such sausages without even letting the customers know.

Another thing I would like to mention is the bread they serve. The slices seem to be extremely small and way too thick again and it becomes difficult to make it into a toast.

I did not like the English breakfast they serve but I would like to mention that I like the decor as it is simple and tastefully done. The artifacts and paintings go well with the theme. I hope they make the food go well with the theme too.

And yes, they shall be serving beer soon!!

Ratings-
Food: 2/5
Ambiance: 3/5
Service:3/5
Value for money: Nope

No comments:

Post a Comment